Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Photoshop on the web? Splashup



Ever wanted to edit your image when you are using a public computer where your favorite photo editing software is not around?

Have a look on Splashup. Splashup offer an online photo editing tools that mimic photoshop in terms of interface, but of course it offers much less than the powerful photoshop.

You don't need registration to test out the application, just click on the "Jump right In" image on the home page. I expected the Splashup application to take a longer time to load, but it does load quite fast to my surprise.

Here are my result using Splashup and webcam image capture capability offer by them.



Other than the photo editing capabilities, such as basic tools, layering, filter, crop, resize.. etc. Splashup also offer various ways to save your image. Including saving to:

The experience of using it is quite fun, I almost forgot that I am using a web application, I feel like I am using a desktop application. The down side of this is it doesn't support right click and keyboard shortcut, but what can you ask more. This can be very useful, especially when I'm on travel and need to upload and edit some photo.

Give it a try!

No comments: